Leistungen: Lighting Design
Built from 1928 until 1929 in the style of New Objectivity, the former BVG-building in Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse is nowadays located within Europe’s biggest areal monument. In connection to the building’s revitalization, Konzeptlicht was commissioned to design the lighting for the façade and entrances. In close cooperation with the client and regarding the regulations of monument conservation, we created a concept that presents the building in a striking light but still keeps its character of New Objectivity. Within the semi-basement, floor built-in spots accentuate the vertical columns between glass surfaces. In the upper floors, this element is readopted by lighting the stone surfaces located between the windows. The recessed storey got a special lighting to form a clear completion of the building’s top. According to lamps one can find in other buildings by architect Alfred Grenander, the entrances’ light objects were designed in the style of historic examples.